An Update from our Chief Executive, Peter Paul.
Our whole team takes health very seriously and we continue to make key decisions aimed at protecting both our clients and our staff in response to both COVID-19 and the UK government’s evolving COVID-19 policies. We are upholding the highest standards of care even in the face of the ongoing, unprecedented restrictions on normal daily life. As such, we have been able to remain open and available to support our clients’ needs throughout this national and international health crisis.
We have introduced the following changes to our policies in response to COVID-19:
- Everyone who enters our clinics and facilities are temperature tested as a precautionary measure.
- Our staff are specifically tested for COVID-19 infection to ensure we do not put our team and clients at risk. Additionally, any patients showing symptoms of fever or other COVID-19 symptoms will also be tested specifically for COVID-19. If you intend to visit our clinic for any reason please be aware that you may be required to undergo non invasive COVID-19 testing.
- New admissions will undergo a thorough risk assessment and will be subject to 48 hours of isolation on arrival.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols to ensure that rooms and spaces are decontaminated thoroughly and appropriately where necessary.
- In the event that patients demonstrate symptoms of or test positive for COVID-19 we have put in place isolation procedures to ensure the safety of all involved.
- As in daily life, we aim to ensure social distancing guidelines are kept to as much as is physically possible.
We continue to work in alignment with the national guidelines on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and carefully monitor our stock of PPE to ensure we have more than enough available for all eventualities.
We understand that the added stress of COVID-19 means that our services are even more necessary for many people and our main focus is that we ensure that our clients receive the help and support they need. At the same time we need to ensure the safety of everyone involved and we feel we have found a workable balance that meets everyone’s needs.
Should you require help from our team do not hesitate to call us, we will be happy to take your call and assist you over the phone. Please do not think that help is not available – we are more than ready to support you at this time.
Self Care During Isolation
Being disconnected from friends and family is challenging for everyone, particularly those suffering with ongoing issues and requiring therapeutic care. First and foremost, please be gentle with yourself and others – increased stress is effecting everyone at this time and we all face an
opportunity to be more conscious of our own and each other’s needs.
While isolation may seem daunting at first, it also provides an opportunity to become more aware of our own self, needs and feelings. Please pay great attention to nutritional needs at this time too – Vitamin C, D and Zinc are known to be particularly beneficial in defending against viral attacks. Fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of sun are the best way to naturally ensure you are receiving what you need and suitable supplements may also help those particularly in need. Regular exercise and sunshine are paramount in maintaining optimal mental, emotional and physical health – so if you can, please take advantage of the maximum outdoor time that the current UK COVID-19 restrictions allow.
It is understandable that for some people, boredom and limited access to activities will lead to an increased risk of addictive behaviours – however, we suggest to view this as a powerful challenge that can be used to strengthen confidence in your ability to make the called for changes in your life, rather than relapsing into old ways. Creating positive change against such a challenging backdrop as we all face currently, means that you can be confident of being able to keep those changes in our life long after this pandemic ends.
Once again, should you require help from our team do not hesitate to call us. Our expert team are available and ready to offer you support and guidance at this time.